Biodegradable and ECO-sound, our pillow packs eliminate our carbon footprint. We save you money, but you save the planet when you choose Membrane pillow pack products. Care not only for your skin, but our Planet Earth as well.
The skin on your scalp is unique, with more oil glands and hair follicles than other areas of your body. It’s also extremely sensitive, especially after scalp micropigmentation (SMP) procedures. That’s why we’ve specially formulated our MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp with your delicate skin in mind.
MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp can be used for every stage of the SMP process. It enhances optimal hydration, creating a soft and workable canvas for the artist to deliver their best results. In addition, MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp promotes healthy inflammatory responses, while fighting foreign invaders, following micropigmentation procedures. This nourishing post-care salve is specially formulated for the scalp to support skin health and optimize the outcome and retention of SMP treatments. The product leaves a non-greasy finish with minimal shine.
MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp is a 100-percent, all-natural and organic formulation comprising carefully selected herbs, oils, and targeted ingredients from around the world. This salve is formulated to support the delicate rejuvenation process, soothing skin following SMP procedure while maintaining the skin’s existing moisture and nutrients. MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp is an integral component of a holistic approach to rejuvenation, thanks to the extraordinary gifts of Mother Nature’s garden supported by scientific research.
With a rich formulation of Kombo butter and natural oils, MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp helps minimize skin dryness, itchiness, and irritation. These elements foster optimal dermal health while providing a clean and breathable barrier. Its rich color and sweet scent tell the story of all the amazing, natural ingredients packed into this product. It’s also a great supportive addition to hair growth therapies, including light therapy and microneedling procedures.
EVERYDAY & LONG TERM USE: We recommend applying MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp with clean hands/fingers to the affected area once to twice daily for seven to 21 days, post procedure (SMP) washing your hair and scalp as usual between uses. Long term use can be effective for enhancing, hydrating and promoting scalp health (NONE SMP) or pre/ post SMP.
ONE WEEK PRE-PROCEDURE AND/OR CONSULTATION DIRECTIONS: To help minimize irritation and dryness, provide the client with MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp to use one week prior to SMP, and apply daily one to two times to promote soft skin.
IMMEDIATELY PRE-PROCEDURE: Apply a thin layer to the scalp area for five to 10 minutes, then remove with MicroTonic. This prepares the skin for optimal pigment deposition.
POST-PROCEDURE DIRECTIONS: Provide one to three pillow packs per scalp micropigmentation (SMP) session depending on the size of the area. We recommend opening a new pack every 72 hours.
- Gently cleanse the area with MicroTonic at 24 hours post-procedure, then apply a thin coat of MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp to the entire area.
- For the subsequent 72-hour period, cleanse as directed and apply balm twice daily. Never apply balm without cleansing first.
- After 72 hours, cleanse once to twice daily with MicroTonic or cleanser and follow with a light coat of MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp for the remainder of the healing period, following technician instructions.
- Do not apply any ointments for six to 24 hours following the procedure. This window is necessary to foster natural wound healing. All that is required is gentle cleansing/ bathing scalp with MicroTonic during this time.
MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp is an incredibly versatile salve that nourishes the skin without clogging pores or leeching color. It’s time to give your clients the very best in post-care.
Here is an overview of some of the key ingredients:
Kombo butter: Hailing from West Africa, Kombo butter is widely known for its gentle moisturizing properties. Its rich antioxidant effect comes from myristic acid, which helps fight free radicals while supporting healthy levels of collagen production.
Calendula: Calendula oil, extracted from marigold flowers, promotes skin barrier and microbiome health by fighting off foreign invaders.
Arnica plant: Extracts from the Arnica plant have long been used for their ability to promote healthy inflammatory responses and normal skin barrier function.
Helichrysum: Helichrysum essential oil contains arzanol, a compound long studied for its antioxidant effects. This oil promotes a healthy skin barrier while fighting free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Akhtar N, Zaman SU, Khan BA, et al. Calendula extract: Effects on mechanical parameters of human skin. Acta Pol Pharm. 2011;68(5):693-701.
- Alonso-Castro AJ, Serrano-Vega R, Gutiérrez SP, et al. Myristic acid reduces skin inflammation and nociception. J Food Biochem. 2022;46(1):e14013.
- Kriplani P, Guarve K, Baghael US. Arnica montana L. — A plant of healing: Review. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2017;69(8):925-945.
- Rosa A, Deiana M, Atzeri A, et al. Evaluation of the antioxidant and cytotoxic activity of arzanol, a prenylated α-pyrone–phloroglucinol etherodimer from Helichrysum italicummicrophyllum. Chem Biol Interact. 2007;165(2):117-126.
- Viegas DA, Palmeira-de-Oliveira A, Salgueiro L, et al. Helichrysum italicum: From traditional use to scientific data. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):54-65.
MicroBalm 5.5 Scalp is free from lanolin, petroleum, and synthetic ingredients. It is scented only with essential oils. Essential oils have been used throughout history in herbal medicine to prevent foreign invaders, these oils and other ingredients have been carefully selected for their protective and supportive qualities. All ingredients are specially selected for their contribution to healing. Our product is hand-crafted in Canada to the highest standards.
As with any new product, it is good practice to ‘spot-test’ before using on a fresh tattoo. Wash hands thoroughly before each use, and do not share salves. Use a cotton swab to apply, without double-dipping. Keep lid closed tightly when not in use and away from sunlight.
It's time to give your clients the very best in post care.